Tuesday, November 1, 2016

I'M SELF RELIANT

  • "Society is a joint company" Why would Emerson use this metaphor in this essay
  • "Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind"
-I like that quote
  • "Absolve you to yourself and you shall have the suffrage of the world"
  • Why does Emerson brings religion into self reliance?
  • Does Emerson think we should all speak the "rude truth" ?
  • "But the truth is handsomer than the affectation of love"
-Realist quote I ever read

  • What was the whole point of the "wicked dollar" example?
  • Why does he compare life to bleeding and diet?
-I wonder if he thinks life is pointless

  • "What I must do is all that concerns me, not what the people think"
- This quote relates to me

  • "To be great is to be misunderstood"
- I see this everyday life with different people

No comments:

Post a Comment