Friday, February 3, 2017

GATSBY NOTES PT 3

-Gatsby isolates himself
-setting: a party
- Gatsby didn't drink but he became more formal & realized what kind of people he was surrounded by
- vinous (drunk sleep)
-tone towards character: cynical
-drunk people always make a show in front of everyone
-getting drunk is a get away from sadness
-coping with sadness that isn't healthy
-two kinds of Gatsbys a public & private 
-"A sudden emptiness seemed to flow" pg 60
- Gatsby feels alone
-"... into a warm darkness"
-what does a warm darkness even mean? pg 61
-"I felt a haunting loneliness sometimes" pg 62
-"Dishonesty in a woman is a thing you never blame deeply" pg 63
-"And for a moment I thought I loved her" pg 63
-" I am one of the few honest people that I have ever known." pg 64

No comments:

Post a Comment